Amerisolve 123 is a unique Eco-friendly solvent designed for industrial cleaning applications and vegetable oil resin cleanup.
It is non-toxic, non-flammable and readily biodegradable. It is non VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) as per EU legislation (1999/13/EC) and US legislation (CARB/EPA 40FR 59.203(f)1).
- Readily removes vegetable oils and vegetable oil resins from surfaces.
- Does not harm or dull the finish of epoxy painted surfaces.
- Permeates into the surface of polymerized vegetable oils, de-tackifying the oil and allowing it to be removed with a plastic scraper.
- Safe to use- has a high flash point of 98°C and boiling point (222-224°C).
- Non-toxic, non-flammable, non-corrosive.
- Biodegradable and safe for water treatment facilities.
- A viable alternative to solvents such as methylene chloride, NMP (NMethylpyrrolidone), heptane and toluene.
- A high solvency solution for effective solubilization in a wide range of resin, oils and greases.
- Effective when used in spray wash applications from ambient to 120°F.
- Can be used in concentrate form and up to 50% water emulsion.
- Safe for occasional dermal contact.
Amerisolve 123 is the only product successful in removing polymerized oil when tested against 22 different competitor products formulated specifically for this
Results with competitive samples: caustic cleaners discolored or dulled painted surfaces and were completely ineffective against removing polymerized oils.
- Spray or paint Amerisolve 123 onto the surface of the polymerized oil to form a film.
- Allow to soak in for at least 10 minutes, then wipe/run off with rag.
- If heavily polymerized, use a plastic spatula to scrape off polymerized oil.
- Residues can be swept up with a broom.
- Any liquids may be rinsed to a process drain to treatment facility.
- Repeat to remove any residual material. Residual Amerisolve 123 may be rinsed off with water.
Note: It is recommended that oils be removed as soon as possible from painted surfaces since the oils tend to remove the gloss finish from paints. Test on all seal and gasket materials for degradation before use in production.